Here we are in the thick of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. It can start to get a little grueling this time of year. It’s not a surprise that tonight’s full moon is called a Snow moon. Usually the heaviest snows fall in this month each year. Hunting becomes very difficult, and hence to some tribes this was the Full Hunger Moon or the Bone Moon as tribes would have only bones left to eat. However, there is hope in sight.
I am thrilled that the days are getting longer and the chunkiest part of winter is behind us. Sensual lovers, you know I am better suited to southern climes and I miss Rio intensely. However, I have a few tricks up my sleeve to manage the most desolate parts of winter.
1. Decorate snow. In order to counter-balance the bleakness of winter, I have been known to toss beautiful, richly-colored rose petals up my front walk. It provides me with days of beauty and inspires others to seek beauty everywhere.
2. Buy flowers every week. As the months roll on, we can get a little sad without seeing thriving life around us. Once February hits, I make sure that I buy flowers every Friday. It’s a necessary indulgence and one that infuses my home with color and inspiration. Spring really is around the corner.
3. Take fermented cod liver oil to support immunity, increase vitamin D intake and keep your mood positive. It’s a powerful supplement that is absolutely crucial for those dark winter months.
4. Winter Silks (www.wintersilks.com) are my choice for winter warmth. If you have to keep yourself covered with an additional layer, I firmly believe silk is the way to go. It’s warm, light, breathable and natural. Those synthetic fibers next to my skin all day just make me itch and feel claustrophobic. Winter Silks are a winter must-have.
5. Tulsi tea every day. Tulsi (also known as Holy Basil) is an amazing, powerful adaptogen that makes everything in your body feel all-right! One cup a day will support immunity, reduce stress and make you feel loved from the inside out.
6. Full body oiling. Use coconut oil and essential oils all over your body just after getting out of the shower or bath. Coconut oil is a tropical delight that is excellent for skin and will remind you of your seaside vacation.
Keep finding the beauty in today. Celebrate snow sparkles. Love that we live in a seasonal world. Trust that everything is a cycle and this too shall pass.
Sending love and warmth from my heart to yours.
Love it all!