One of my favorite drinks to nourish my body and mind is a Cocoa drink. Here is a recipe to start with. You can adjust based on availability of ingredients and personal taste. The benefits of this drink are endless…aside from it being super extra delicious bliss.
2 tbls Cacao
1 tbls Maca
2 tbls Rice bran powder
1 tbls Shilajit
1 tbls Goji (soaked in hot water)
1 tbls Chia
1 tsp Cardamom
1 tsp Vanilla powder
1 tbls Hemp seeds
1 tbls Moringa
1 tbls Coconut oil
Honey to taste
Toss into the Vitamix(or any serious blender) w 16oz of water.
Here are some notes on the various health and well being benefits of the ingredients.
- Raw Cacao– highest source of Magnesium (the relaxation mineral) on the planet. Suppresses the appetite. Helps secrete bliss molecules in the brain.
- Maca– Also known as Peruvian ginseng. Promotes vitality, sexual potency in both men and women, clarity, endurance.
- Rice bran powder– High in the anti-oxidant Vitamin E. Excellent for neural functioning.
- Coconut oil- Provides an excellent source of medium-chain saturated fats, helps lubricate colon, provides long lasting energy.
- Chia seeds– Vegetarian source of essential fatty acids, reduces inflammation, helps support healthy bowel flow.
- Shilajit– Increases Strength, and Endurance, Powerful Antioxidant, Helps the Body Adapt to Stress.
- Moringa– nutrient dense superfood that tastes slightly like green tea. used to reduce swelling, increase sex drive , boost the immune system, and increase breast milk production.
- Raw honey– an excellent anti-bacterial and it makes everything taste so delicious.
- Cardamom– helps remove excess phlegm from the body, acts to warm internally and move cold stagnation. Also a sexual stimulant.
- Cinnamon– Warms internally, provides sweetness without spiking the glycemic index.
- Lacuma– loaded with antioxidants like beta carotene and is also a quality source for complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins such as niacin (B3) and minerals such as zinc, calcium and iron.
- Goji berries– Superfood, longevity food. It is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a tea to support healthy functioning of internal organs and positive moods.
- Vanilla powder– Delicious addition to anything, anytime, anywhere. Also a sexual stimulant, happy maker and internally warming.